Is finding love after 50 possible? Yes, and midlife dating expert Lisa Copeland shares 20 ways you can find the relationship you’ve been looking for — at any age!
1. Put in writing what type of relationship you hope to find – both short term and long term.
2. Be committed to spending time daily looking for your Ms. or Mr. Right, whether online or in the real world.
3. Stop making excuses for not dating. Instead, just go out there and try it!
4. Realize the limiting beliefs you hold about the opposite sex may be keeping you from finding the great guy or gal out there who is waiting for you.
5. Understand there is a difference between what Hollywood teaches you about men and women finding love and reality. Hollywood’s version doesn’t exist!
6. Don’t be overly perfectionist-ic about the people you meet online and in the real world. We all have flaws.
7. Figure out your deal breakers and only take people off your list of possibilities when they possess deal breaker qualities. Otherwise, give a good person a chance.
8. Get out of your comfort zone and date people who are different than your usual type.
9. Be extraordinary! Show your best side when you date.
10. “Whether you think you can or you think you can’t, you’re right!” Henry Ford said this about developing cars. It’s true for every aspect of your life, including finding dates.
11. Stop having “shiny penny syndrome”, thinking there is always someone better out there for you. You might miss out on a great relationship this way.
12. Never be married to an idea of who a man or woman must be in order to be with you.
13. Know the current dating rules that will make you successful at finding love again after 50!
14. Don’t be too transparent on a first date by revealing all the good, the bad and the ugly about yourself. There’s a time and a place for everything.
15. Go from invisibility to Rock Star Visibility with a great picture and profile online!
16. Be Teflon-coated by knowing some people will like you and some won’t. Let it slide off you, knowing you are one man or woman closer to finding the ONE you are looking for. Sometimes it takes kissing a few frogs along the way to find the one you want.
17. Every date is a learning experience and a chance to meet someone new and interesting.
18. Be courageous and go after your dating dreams.
19. Have a dating strategy in place for finding love.
20. Be willing to get dating help and support from friends, family, a therapist or a dating coach. We are all here to help you make your dating journey a success!
Lisa Copeland is the Dating Coach who makes mature dating fun and easy. Find out more about how to meet quality men using online dating at www.FindAQualityMan.com.